Monday, December 11, 2017

Farewell, 2017

What a year. It went fast. A lot of fine things happened in our family, like the birth of my granddaughter. Christmas is really exciting with a little one running about. Family will pull me away from blogging for a while.  I'll post again on the first Wednesday of 2018 for IWSG day. I'll still be writing, but my time on social media will be limited.

We had the first snow that actually hung around last Saturday. Only about two inches in my neck of the woods though not far away, they received more. My sister in Picayune, MS sent me a picture of the three inches they had on Friday. They built a little 12 inch high snowman.

Those fires in California are horrific. Keeping those suffering and worried in my thoughts and prayers.

Hope you have clear weather and can step outside at night and take in the yearly celestial display from the Geminids meteor shower happening this week. I think the best time is around the 13th or 14th. Those of us living in the northern hemisphere have the best show.

Netflix isn't letting me down during the TV drought. Lots of offering from Disney on there and from the Marvel Universe. I really enjoyed The Punisher and my daughter and I are enjoying Godless though it's a really grim and dark show.

Christmas shopping is pretty much complete at my house with only a few gift cards to be picked up for stocking stuffing. And perhaps a few bottles of wine. This is also the first time since I graduated from college where I don't have any traveling to do over the holiday. More time at home, though the reason for it leaves a hole in the family.

And a wish for all my blogger friends. May you find the joy of the season and spend time with those you love. If I could share out the huge mountains of it we'll have at our house, I would send some to all of you.

Are you taking any writing breaks over the holiday season? Doing any traveling? Are you going to enjoy the meteor show? Done with the Christmas shopping?






15 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm done with Christmas shopping.
No traveling either although I'll be offline the week of Christmas. It's a good time to shut down and enjoy real life.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

I'll be taking a break, too. I will be taking some time to relax but I also need to regroup, refocus in life and in writing.

Wishing you a wonderful holiday, Susan! Enjoy!

Natalie Aguirre said...

I'm also almost done with my shopping. But I still have wrapping. Have a Happy Holiday Season!

cleemckenzie said...

The fires south of us are sending smoke our direction, so our air isn't good. First it was the Santa Rosa fires, now it's the L.A. fires. We're in the middle.

This year we are home-bodies for Christmas. Have a great holiday season.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'm taking a break for most of the month, both to enjoy and get a lot of detail work done.

Have a Merry Christmas. We're staying home and enjoying our cats' first Christmas.

Pat Hatt said...

I'll have my shopping finished up tomorrow. Punisher and Godless were great ones indeed. the cat is ahead, so he'll be breaking without really breaking haha Hope a great Christmas is had at your pad.

J E Oneil said...

Good riddance to 2017. I've never been this glad for a year to be over. And the world is literally on fire!

Have a nice holiday. I hope it's fun and restful :)

messymimi said...

A blessed and beautiful Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!

betty said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

betty

nashvillecats2 said...

2017 did go rather fast, I'll be popping on line from time to time over Christmas as I shall be alone, so it will be something to enjoy should someone else be on line.
Yvonne.

Patricia Stoltey said...

I do very little Christmas shopping, focusing mostly on books for the two little granddaughters. This year did go so fast--partly a result of my age, I'm afraid. I won't take much of a writing break, but will definitely break from social media for a week.

Nick Wilford said...

I'm in edits and plan to continue because I want to finish a run through of this book by the end of the year. But I'll be taking a blogging and media break. Hope you have a very restful Christmas and best wishes for 2018!

Anonymous said...

Marry Christmas, Susan! I still have a little shopping to do, but not much. Mostly, I have baking I want to get done as presents.

The Happy Whisk said...

Happy Christmas!!!! With a great big side of boogie boogie and a jump into 2018. Bring on the fun!

cleemckenzie said...

2018 is officially here. The fires in the south of my state are history...thank heaven. Hope this new year brings health and some excellent writing for you.